Soul Centers Handbook
Are you interested in a Soul Center? Soul Centers are led by credentialed leaders of the Christian Leaders Alliance. Soul Centers can take many forms depending on the credentialed minister’s calling. Soul Centers are church religious societies of the Christian Leaders Alliance. They can be fellowship-sized (as few as 2-3 people) or as large as a church or even an international ministry. They can be embedded in a business, or they can be a MinistryBiz. Christian leaders start Soul Centers to restore and revive the human soul through the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Each Soul Center has a geographic location. Soul Centers are local ministry locations for the ministry of Christian Leaders Alliance ministers, coaching ministers, or officiants. There must be a local ministry happening to be registered as a soul center.
Download the Soul Centers Handbook in PDF
What are Soul Centers?
Soul Centers are officially registered local religious societies affiliated with the Christian Leaders Alliance. (“Religious Societies” encompasses the broad spectrum of groups that engage in Christian practices, teachings, and causes). Soul Centers are connected with the Christian Leaders Alliance through a credentialed minister or officiant of the Christian Leaders Alliance. All soul centers arise out of the credentialed minister’s personal walk with God. Officially recognized Soul Centers include:
- Fellowships – A fellowship soul center is led by a credentialed minister of the Christian Leaders Alliance. These are typically smaller ministries led by volunteer ministers who are led by the Lord to minister to people within their circles of influence. Jesus said that where two or three are gathered in His name; He is there (Matthew 18:20). Fellowship soul centers encompass a broad spectrum of Christian activity, from Bible studies to prayer groups, from evangelism to serving the homeless, from chaplain ministry to local first-responders to conducting a wedding for a friend or family member. This is a broad spectrum of local ministry activity.
- Ministry Practices – A ministry practice could be a Coaching Minister Practice, Prayer Practice, Visitation Practice, Matchmaker Ministry, or MinistryBiz. This could be located at a local church, home, or storefront. Some of these practices may be led by volunteer credentialed ministers, and part-time ministers may also lead some. Some of these ministry practices could be MinistryBiz options.
- Churches and House Churches – Local churches or house churches that meet regularly for worship services and support of home discipleship practices. A local church or a house church can join as a cell center member if a credentialed Christian Leaders Alliance member initiates the cell center and the local church agrees to the arrangement.
- Ministries or MinistryBiz Organizations Ministries that serve communities and support a reproducible walk with God, including a local or Web-based ministry – Credentialed ministers of the Christian Leaders Alliance may start a ministry that identifies as a soul center.
- Mentor Center Credential ministers who want to raise more Christian leaders in their communities. A Soul Center can also do this educational and credentialing goal. These Soul Centers support Christian Leaders Institute training and Christian Leaders Alliance credentialing.
Soul Centers are registered and recognized as geographic locations of Christian ministry affiliated with the Christian Leaders Alliance.
Christian Leaders Alliance is a United States religious society nonprofit 501 (c) 3 under the banner of Christian Leaders Ministries of Largo, Florida. Christian Leaders Alliance has been credentialing local ministers since 2012.
A local Soul Center is like a local doctor’s office. The credentialed doctor is a member of the medical association and must remain in good standing. He is allowed to open a local practice. Soul Centers are local centers similarly under the leadership of a credentialed minister with the Christian Leaders Alliance.
Philosophy of Leadership Development
Christian Leaders Alliance has credentialled thousands of ministry leaders worldwide for Christian societies, like denominations and other ministry settings. See the Minister Directory click here.
We believe that each credentialled minister of the Christian Leaders Alliance influences souls and, for that matter, leads as a”soul center” leader in his/her personal life, marriage, family, and with friends, church, and community.
Philosophically speaking, each credentialed minister or officiant of the Christian Leaders Alliance is a Soul Center leader, even if they do not appear in the Location Directory. The Soul Center directory focuses on registered physical locations for ministry. Credentialled ministers are not required to register a local location of their ministry.
Including the Christian Leaders Alliance Directory
Soul Centers are led by ministers or officiants posted in the Christian Leaders Alliance Directory. Their listing will link to their minister credential profile.
What is the difference between the Minister Directory and the Soul Center Locations Directory?
The credentialled minister of the Christian Leaders Alliance is specifically registering a local place where he or she is using their ministry gifts as a credentialed Christian leader.
The registered Soul Center directory will place higher expectations on the renewal of good standing, including continuing education of the officially registered and recognized Soul Center leader. A member in good standing will practice the soul center connections that demonstrate the soul center as a religious society.
What are Soul Center Religious Practices?
- Connecting the soul to God through reading God’s Word and praying repeatedly. We call this walking with God.
- Sharing a walk with God with others.
- Practicing the sacraments through the Soul Center.
- Being a connection point for local ministry in the community.
- Complete formal ministry training at Christian Leaders Institute.
- Complete endorsement requirement for specific minister credentials.
- Complete all the other credentialing requirements for minister or officiant recognition.
- Be posted as a credentialed minister in the Directory at Christian Leaders Alliance and on this website. Click Here
Who can register a Soul Center?
Any trained and credentialed Christian leader in good standing with the Christian Leaders Alliance can register a soul center. The leader’s profile will include the ministry services offered in the Soul Center Directory.
Why “Soul Centers”?
Human souls belong to God and only find peace and life transformation reconciled to God. A Soul Center connects humans to reconciliation with God.
Christianity teaches that God created humans as living souls.
Genesis 2:7 Yahweh God formed man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and man became a living soul.
These living souls are made to be connected to God. They belong to God. The human soul fell into sin, as we read about in Genesis 3. The result of this fall into sin was spiritual and physical death.
Ezekiel 18:4 For every living soul belongs to me, the father as well as the son—both alike belong to me. The soul who sins is the one who will die.
The only hope for fallen souls is Jesus Christ. His death and resurrection have reconnected humans to God and defeated death (John 3:16). Humans are reconnected to God in a walk that continues transforming and saving their souls.
1 Peter 1:8-9 Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
Our souls have a living relationship with the Divine. What was separated at the fall of humanity has been restored! In Jesus Christ, we have been reconciled to God through faith. The deposit of faith and new life has genuinely saved our souls! The Holy Spirit continues the work of reconciliation and renewal.
2 Timothy 1:14 Guard the good deposit that was entrusted to you—guard it with the help of the Holy Spirit who lives in us.
Why do Soul Centers need a credentialed officiant or minister?
First, religious societies have members and standards. Religious societies have local touchpoints with local representatives. The representatives must be in good standing.
Government officials worldwide often define legitimate credentialed officiants or ministers through connection to the religious society they are part of.
The general public wants to know that individual officiants or ministers have completed ministry training and a credentialling program where they are in good standing.
The officiants and ministers are more confident and credible as they do ministry, are connected to others, and are covered by a larger alliance that supervises and credentials. Christian Leaders Alliance is the spiritual covering of ministers and soul centers worldwide.
How Does the Soul Center Program Work?
Soul Centers offer a variety of Christian ministries that are directly connected to the credential minister. All ministry is founded on a reproducible walk with God as revealed in the Bible.
The credentialed minister of the Christian Leaders Alliance senses the calling to use their gifts and ministry training to maintain a Soul Center, which is a local Religious Society of the Christian Leaders Alliance.
The minister of the Soul Center is credentialed in good standing with the Christian Leaders Alliance Soul Center program. Soul Centers are a religious society of Christian leaders who minister locally. Each minister is encouraged to inspire others to hear the call to minister and potentially create and maintain a Soul Center based on their gifts.
Credentialed ministers from the Christian Leaders Alliance staff Soul Centers. Including,
- Licensed or Ordained Ministers
- Coaching Ministers
Soul Centers are local Christian religious societies connected to the global ministry of the Christian Leaders Alliance.
The Global Society can remove someone from the soul centers directory. The Alliance leadership makes this decision.
The Christian Leaders Alliance staff may remove a credential leader from the directory if the Alliance team believes that they are not in good standing with the following:
1. The vision of the Christian Leaders Alliance and Soul Centers
2. The practices of competency
3. The lack of a loving walk with God and/or doctrinal problems
The decision to remove someone from the directory can be appealed to the Global Minister Commission of the Christian Leaders Alliance via a Zoom hearing for resolution and restatement of the credentialed minister.
What are sample soul center topics?
Soul centers deal with topics featured at churches or other Christian religious societies. Here is an overview of some of them.
Fellowship Soul Center Types (any of these fellowship types are easily shared within a local church)
- Community Involvement (Golf Ministry, Rotary Club, etc.)
- Family Plus (doing a wedding for a relative)
- Serving as an ordained Deacon or Elder in a local church
- Prayer Team
- Bible Study for Neighhood Children
- Communion or Lord’s Supper Officiant
- Special Music
- Discipleship Teacher
- Custodial Clean Up
- Children and Youth
- Group Leader
- Visiting the Sick
- Pregnancy/ New Mother’s
- Hospital Visits
- Special Needs
- Substance Abuse
- Youth Crisis
- Abused Women
- Sign Language
- Bible School Teacher
- Home School
- Christian Apologetics
- Golf or Sports
- Child Care
- Christian Camp
- Christian Writing
Wedding Officiant Ministry or MinistryBiz
- Officiating weddings as part of a church ministry or your MinistryBiz.
- Offering marriage-related services such as pre-marriage counseling or sex education and conversation counseling.
- Matchmaking in a local church or local community.
Soul Center Ministry Practices as a Ministry Counselor, Coaching Minister in a Church, or as a MinistryBiz practice.
- Soul Health
- Soul Make Overs
- Soul Decluttering
- Overcoming Bitterness and Past Injury
- Soul Rebirth Information
- New Believers Counselor
Church Placement Services
- Church Matching
- Church Attendance Literacy Programs
- Local Business Contacts
- Local Services Contacts
- Lord’s Supper
Navigating Conflict Services
- Couple Conflicts
- Family Conflicts
- Church Conflicts
- Business Conflicts
Marriage Support Services
- Matchmaking Conversations
- Pre-marriage Preparation
- Officiant Services
- Marriage Relationship Coaching
- Sex Education and Conversation Coaching
- Mentor Center for Christian Leaders Institute
- Education Center
- Pre-Born Advocacy
- Adoption Connecting
- Child Raising Conversations
- Elderly Care
- All Abilities
Church Soul Centers
- A Family Church that invites others to be involved.
- Home Discipleship Church offers few programs but supports families in the seven connections.
- House Church is designed to be small or a start to larger church size.
- Weekend Church with a consistent weekend worship service with these essentials
- A Larger Church to develop more programs to reach people.
- An Online Church, exclusively online, ministering to others electronically.
Existing Church Ministry
- A pastor as a volunteer at a small existing church and registering this church as a Soul Center.
- Prayer about a call to an organized existing church.
- Fellowship type of Soul Center in a local church.
- Almost anything in all the lists could be under the auspices of a local church.
- Christian Musicians, Singers, Dancers
- YouTube or Other Web Ministries
- Christian Poetry or Song Writing
- Homeless Ministry
- Matchmaking Ministry or MinisrtryBiz
- Sick Ministry
- Widow Ministry
- Elderly Ministry
- Home Visitation
- Orphans Ministry
- Prison Ministry
- Youth Detention Ministry
- Drug / Alcohol Ministry
- Addiction Ministry
- Bible / Christian Tract Distribution
- Disaster / Emergency Relief Aid TeamTroubled Youth Ministry
- Food / Clothing for Needy – Collection Ministry
- Food / Clothing for Needy – Distribution Ministry
- Homeless Ministry
- Computer / Website / Internet
- Military Outreach
- Veterans Ministry
- College Campus Outreach
- High School Outreach
- Neighborhood Outreach
- Special Needs Ministry
- Sexual Addiction Ministry
- Foster Care
- Abused women
- Hospital Ministry
- Victims Ministry
- All Abilities Ministry
- Christian TV/ Radio/ Media
- Beatification and Remodeling Projects
- Self Sufficiency / Sustainability
- Rescue Team
- Migrant Outreach
- Gang Ministry
- Social Christian Networking
- Christian Writing
- Workplace Outreach
- Construction Projects
Mentor Center Soul Center
- Minister Roles
- New Church Developments
- Mentoring Men
- Mentoring Women
- Mentoring Youth
What is the Christian Philosophy of Soul Centers?
Here are the working philosophy assumptions that function at soul centers.
- Each human has a soul that is real (Genesis 2:7).
- When the Bible talks about the soul, we read words like heart, will, spirit, mind, and body.
- A Christian believes that the soul’s salvation is accomplished through the work of Jesus Christ on the cross and His victory over death.
- The soul is the religious center of a person. The soul is often talked about in scripture as the heart or will of a person. Out of this heart flows the issues of life.
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.
- The soul is bodily. Your living soul is so connected to your body that Paul calls your body the temple of the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 6:19 Or don’t you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit which is in you, which you have from God? You are not your own.
- The soul is spiritual. It is spiritual and will be separated from your body when you die. As a Christian, the soul/spirit goes to heaven when you die and your body is buried. When Jesus died on the cross, he said,
Luke 23:46 Jesus, crying with a loud voice, said, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!” Having said this, he breathed his last.
- Your soul’s spiritual person is connected to your thinking (mind) and attitudes. It’s how you order your world and how you are being transformed. It’s how you learn and grow. We believe that mental health is positively affected when a soul walks with God. The Apostle Paul wrote in Romans 12:2, “Don’t be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what is the good, well-pleasing, and perfect will of God.
Christians believe that there are souls that must be saved because they belong to God. We believe that soul will either worship God or will worship idols. We believe all of life has soul connections, and soul centers will help serve that purpose.
Officiants and ministers of the Christian Leaders Alliance have been invited to register soul centers in their local communities. They are to keep their Soul Center credentials in good standing locally and with Soul Centers.
As leaders of Soul Centers which minister to the people in our communities, we leave you with this passage from 2 Corinthians 5:17-20:
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men’s sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.